Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Waiting Game

Yesterday I began having contractions around 2:15. I tried not to let myself get excited because I thought they would go away. About 7:30 they were 3-4 minutes apart! I decided we should go to the hospital (duh, I know). We got there and my OB checked me but I was only dialated to 1cm and 20% effaced. He didn't act like he was planning to try and stop the labor even though I was only 36 weeks. After being there about an hour the contractions began to get stronger and were 2 minutes apart. He decided to give me Turbutaline to stop the contractions. It worked...for about 15 minutes! After they began again they started an IV and gave me fluids. That slowed them down significantly but did not stop them. I was given the option of going home about midnight so I chose that. My own bed was sounding great by that time!

I hate the waiting game!! I just want to know WHEN HE IS COMING OUT!! If I go on my own again when I am 37 weeks (which is next Wednesday) then he will not stop the labor. I am so anxious to meet my baby boy!

No comments: